Friday, January 14, 2011

"W" MAGAZINE'S BEST PERFORMANCES OF THE YEAR PORTRAITS


Natalie Portman in W Magazine
I quite literally screamed when I saw these Photos.  Lynn Hirschenberg sits down with  the major Oscar contenders of 2011 in the February issue of W Magazine with stunning Photography by Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.  The Photos are astounding.  

Interestingly we learn that my new favourite Natalie Portman is a huge fan of Dirty Dancing admitting, "I always loved Penny, probably because I was really like Baby. I was a Jewish girl from a Jewish family, so of course I liked the tall, skinny blond girl.”

Jeff Bridges reveals shockingly that he is a huge fan of the quirky Gay-themed Comedy Chuck & Buck, telling Hirschenberg, "I thought the best performance of the last decade was Mike White in Chuck & Buck.  I dug that performance."

Nicole Kidman who has never looked more smouldering than in her Portrait, reveals "I don’t mind being naked. After having a baby, I’m not so sure now, but I enjoy not letting my issues get in the way of nudity.”

See some of the Portraits below:

Really, really fantastic stuff. The Portrait Series is divided into Part One and Part Two.  The February issue of W Magazine will be on Newsstands next week.


(Photo credit: W/Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin)

No comments:

Post a Comment