Sunday, October 10, 2010

FROM THE DESK OF BILLY....


For those of you Billy fans who have missed him here on my Blog, here's a new snap of him from earlier today.  As I lay in my Pajamas on my Couch watching Television, I peered over to my Bedroom and all I could see was Billy outright stalking me!  How cute.  

Billy, Age 7

Of course, Thanksgiving Weekend has already shaped up to be dramatic for Billy as yesterday while walking him, we encountered a drunk homeless man who asked me if he could be inappropriate with my Dog.  He then started making lewd gestures in a thrusting motion at Billy and grabbed him, to which I replied calmly "Please put my Dog back down."  Before he had a chance, I snatched Billy out of his hands and a crisis was averted.  God bless that man, as I hope he finds help soon.

I love Billy more than anything and as asocial it sounds, I don't remember what life was like before The Internet I became a Pet Owner seven years ago, when I first moved out on my own.  To come home every day and see his happy face, wagging tail and commanding pleas for a hug, is possibly one of the most honest and beautiful things anyone could ever witness.  A reminder that even though I am away from home, that Billy is my home.  

Our Pets are only around for too short a time - remember always to spoil them and to show them that you love them.  Their day revolves completely around yours and all they want is to be acknowledged and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment