Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NEW MUSIC: LADY GAGA - ALEJANDRO/VIDEO PREMIERE: BAD ROMANCE

Things just aren't slowing down for Lady Gaga at all. Her single Paparazzi has topped the Billboard Top 40 Mainstream Chart, good enough to make it number six on the Hot 100 Chart. Simultaneously, latest single Bad Romance also landed in ninth spot on the Hot 100. And just when you thought you couldn't get enough, yet another track has surfaced - Alejandro.

It was just announced last week that original plans to re-release multi-platinum debut The Fame as The Fame Monster, have been modified slightly. Interscope Records will now be releasing Monster separately as a value-priced eight track album, but also keeping The Fame Monster Deluxe Edition option available to fans who haven't bought her debut yet. Times are tough and it is a brilliant move on their part considering the number of blockbuster albums being released on November 24, 2009.

Alejandro gives a nod to Sweden's Ace of Base at their finest. Coincidentally, Lady Gaga tied them with Paparazzi making her only one of four artists ever in the Billboard era to have four number one singles off a debut album. The Latin theme here picks up where Madonna went with La Isla Bonita and where ABBA had gone with Fernando. It is completely theatrical and over-the-top. I love it. I cannot wait to get my hands on this disc.

Listen to Alejandro by Lady Gaga in full below (courtesy of Interscope Records/Universal Music):

And of course, don't forget to check out this unbelievable just-released video for Bad Romance below, courtesy of Interscope Records:

The video touches upon the theme of human sex trafficking in Russia and is an outstanding effort from director Francis Lawrence (I Am Legend) and once again, Lady Gaga. V. reminiscent of Madonna in her Express Yourself glory.

5 comments:

  1. Yes! It's a biggie!

    Roll on the fame monster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video is downright stunning. I couldn't look away if I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! They sure don't make videos like that anymore. I wonder what the budget was for this cinematic masterpiece. I demand a Fame Monster DVD now too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with Alejandro, and here I thought she can't top it after Bad Romance. Oh, Telephone too. This lady can't do no wrong! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know.. I've fallen in love overnight. I am most excited to hear "Monster". If it's worthy of being the title track, it must be good.

    ReplyDelete