Tuesday, November 10, 2009

PRODUCT WATCH: JIMMY CHOO FOR H&M

I love H&M. I have been in eager anticipation mode since hearing that designer Jimmy Choo would be designing exclusive pieces for the chain retailer. The collection which launches Saturday, November 14, 2009 at select locations, was unveiled on their website recently and I must say I am a little underwhelmed.

In terms of the Mens' Collection, there is a complete lack of creativity and selection altogether. There are a few pairs of boots being sold in the reasonable $150-200 range (especially considering they bear the Jimmy Choo name). In addition, there are a couple of stunning bags (Messenger and Weekender) at $250 each, while jeans are available in the $75+ range. Times are tough right now and perhaps H&M and Jimmy Choo should have measured the market a little better in terms of offering more middle price range pieces. It's either spend $30 on a plain t-shirt or $129.00 on a generic knit sweater. There is no real in-between. I mean, isn't it truly the spirt of H&M to offer high fashion looks at affordable pricing, or did I miss the memo completely?

No comments:

Post a Comment