Monday, November 9, 2009

NEW MUSIC: JULLY BLACK - RUNNING

I must say my friend Arjan Writes called it well earlier today on his blog when he posted the new video from Canada's very own soulful R&B songstress Jully Black. Black indeed is back up and "running" at full force again after her last effort Revival did very well domestically, due much to her big hit Seven Day Fool.

Black's new socially conscious single Running impacted Canadian radio late September and is getting a very respectable amount of airplay. Its infectious hand claps, plucking pizzicatos and of course those catchy backing vocals have me wanting to put this one on repeat. And to be honest I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to Canadian music, which is very much dominated by scruffy-faced/scraggly haired rockers. This means that Running really is that good for me to pay mind to it.

I've had the pleasure of partying with Black on a couple occasions and can say she's really cool and approachable. Here's a pic I got of her glamming it up for the cam just a couple weeks ago:



Jully Black's new album The Black Book is in stores November 24, 2009. Although it isn't the best date to release an album considering everyone and their mother has a new CD out then, I expect it still to be a good one. Give Running a listen below (courtesy of Universal Music Canada):

No comments:

Post a Comment