Tuesday, December 6, 2011

REGIS PHILBIN IN TORONTO FOR "HOW I GOT THIS WAY"


Regis Philbin & Mr. Will-W.
Television Icon Regis Philbin made a rare visit to Toronto today to promote his latest Memoir from HarperCollins Canada, How I Got this Way, released mid-November. Philbin dishes on some behind-the-scenes Stories of his storied Career and some of the lessons he's learned along the way since the '60s when he  first entered the Entertainment Business.

In addition to promoting his Book via various outlets like CTV's Canada AM and eTalk, plus CBC's George Stroumboulopoulous Tonight on Q Radio, Philbin met some of his Fans tonight at a Indigo Manulife Centre Book Signing.

On his recent Exit from Live! With Regis and Kelly, Philbin told CBC Radio Personality Jian Ghomeshi today, "28-and-a-half years doing the same thing, in the same room...it's enough to drive a man crazy." After many successful years on the popular Morning Talk Show, Philbin left the Show on November 18, 2011. Many Insiders are saying that Who's the Boss Star Tony Danza is now set to replace him alongside Kelly Ripa.  We'll soon see.

An energetic and youthful 80 years-old, Philbin looked dapper earlier today in a gray Suit, stopping to pose for a quick Photograph. "I've gotta run and do eTalk!", he told me before pulling me over commandingly, "Alright, let's get this Photo done!".  I've met many Icons in my life, but this truly is someone worthy of the often-used term.

Click here to read more about Philbin's new Memoir, How I Got This Way.


(Photo credit: Mr. Will-W.)