Wednesday, November 23, 2011

KEVIN DURAND & BILLY


Kevin Durand & Billy
As if his day wasn't awesome enough already meeting Milla Jovovich, Billy not only got to meet one of Canada's most recognizable Actors Kevin Durand, he got a big smooch from him! 

Durand dressed in a red leather vest - biceps unhidden - was chatting on his Cell Phone during a break from filming Resident Evil: Retribution and noticed me on the other side of the baffle. All smiles, he came over and said, "Hey, I know you!".  Looking down on the floor he noticed Billy, asking me "And who's this?".  Durand who although is from Thunder Bay originally, now lives in Los Angeles with his Wife Sandra.  "I miss my Dog so much" he admits, telling me about his eight month-old German Sheppard.  "He takes care of my Wife for me while I'm gone".

The handsome Durand who was sporting a bit of unintentional Movember, started getting a lot of attention from Rush Hour Commuters who stood and asked, "Hey, are you a Movie Star?". Durand of course is no stranger to Toronto, spending most of last Summer here filming David Cronenberg's Cosmopolis starring Robert Pattinson.  He also was here for TIFF in September for Edwin Boyd and afterward for the Canadian Premiere of Real Steel.

Before heading off to take some Photos with his new Fans, he picked Billy up, leaned-in and gave him a big kiss, telling him "It's nice to meet you Buddy.  Nice jacket!".  How can you not love him?   

Upon inquiring a couple weeks ago, Cosmopolis unfortunately still does not have a confirmed release date as per eOne Films. TIFF 2012, perhaps?


(Photo credit: Mr. Will-W.)