Friday, July 22, 2011

ANDREW GARFIELD AT COMIC-CON FOR "THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN"


Andrew Garfield at TIFF 2010
With the Trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man (due July 2012 via Sony Pictures) surfacing the other day, many Fans including myself are asking the question - why they have to re-tell Peter Parker's transformation to Spider-Man all over again?  Although this question remains to be answered, the entire Cast including Emma Stone and Director Marc Webb, made an appearance earlier today  at Comic-Con in San Diego.  Star Andrew Garfield even showed-up dressed as Spider-Man - enough of a distraction from the burning question ...for me at least!

Garfield had nothing by praise for Tobey Maguire's interpretation of the coveted role telling attendees, “When I watch that first Spidey film, I lost my mind. I watched it back to back, twice in a row when I first saw it.”.  He also confirmed that Maguire has been supportive, revealing “He (Maguire) gave me his blessing. It meant the world to me, because I respect him so much in general and also what he did with the role.".

The British Actor who gained acclaim through his work in David Fincher's The Social Network last year also says, “Peter Parker has inspired me to be stronger.  He inspried Andrew, me, to be braver. It was worth the pain, the bruises and the blood.".

For those of you wondering, Garfield does not appear to have any Films in consideration to premiere at TIFF 2011 unfortunately. You can read about my meeting him last year here.


(Photo credit: Mr. Will-W.)

No comments:

Post a Comment