Monday, December 27, 2010

A PLEA FOR NICOLE KIDMAN IN "RABBIT HOLE"


Nicole Kidman at TIFF 2010
With all the attention Natalie Portman and Black Swan are getting in the race for Best Actress at the Oscars next February, I thought I'd do a little championing of a deserving Candidate in Nicole Kidman.  I saw Rabbit Hole a second time tonight and feel strongly about her work here really.  Love you too Annette Bening, but this time around Nicole upstaged you even.

In my opinion, Kidman's performance is even stronger than her portrayal of Virginia Woolf in The Hours, for which she actually won an Oscar in 2003.  She nails it absolutely in a pitch-perfect performance.  It's such a shame that this Film had to come out this year, as in any other year she would be the Toast of the Town.  

If you haven't had a chance to see Rabbit Hole yet, please do yourself a favour and see it. You'll be pleasantly surprised - you'll laugh, cry and feel watching her as Becca, a Woman coping with the loss of her four year-old Son in an accident.

Although I posted my review back in September after seeing it at TIFF, I thought I'd re-post it again seeing that some momentum is building for the Film.  Click here to read it.


(Photo credit: Mr. Will-W.)

No comments:

Post a Comment