Friday, November 19, 2010

JAMIE OLIVER IN TORONTO FOR "THE ART OF COOKING" & "JAMIE'S AMERICA"


Jamie Oliver at Indigo Manulife Centre
35 year-old international Culinary sensation Jamie Oliver stopped off in Toronto yesterday to promote his new Book Jamie's America: Easy Twists on Great American Classics and More, as part of an exciting week of Celebrity Chef appearances at Indigo Manulife Centre.  Others to visit this past week included Nigella Lawson, Buddy Valastro and Gordon Ramsay

The charming Brit also hosted The Art of Cooking - An Evening with Jamie Oliver at Metro Convention Centre, where he prepared some of his favourite Recipes from the past ten years interactively before an audience of Foodies.  And in addition to this, Oliver did a round of Press in an action-packed visit which included an appearance on CBC's George Stroumboulopoulous Tonight.  And you thought your day was busy!

A self-proclaimed lover of Toronto, Oliver has made many a visit to the City and is said to have his favourite haunts including Queen St.'s Shanghai Cowgirl, where Michael Sheen and Rachel McAdams were seen on a date together not too long ago.   

Being an advocate for healthful Cooking, he only recently won an Emmy for his groundbreaking Reality Series Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution seen on ABC.  The series saw Oliver visit Huntington, West Virginia - the most overweight town in America - working together with Locals to improve their eating habits.

Although I couldn't make the festivities, my good friend Cathy was sweet enough to send over some Photos from Indigo.  I did also get to v. quickly meet Oliver late into the evening and when introducing myself to him, he responded enthusiastically, "WILL!?  Shazam!!", before reaching out to shake my hand and personalizing a photo for me.  Although his Publicist was in a hurry to rush him off - unnecessarily perhaps - I cannot deny that he is every bit as wonderful as I thought he'd be!

It was a blink and miss moment, but I did manage to get a Photo of Oliver and will share with you that lovely personalized Photo from him I got below:



(Photo credit: Catherine Dennis/Mr. Will-W.)

2 comments:

  1. Will, thanks for sharing. Great to hear that you caught him last night. Too bad the event was in the afternoon. But hey, you got a good friend! :) I couldn't stop laughing when Gordon said at the Bay last night that 'Jamie is a cook and I'm a chef.' hahaha ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had a bit of a culinary crush on Jamie. I'd love to have a date with him at Shanghai Cowgirl. I miss their burgers!

    ReplyDelete