Tuesday, October 5, 2010

NEW MUSIC - P!NK - RAISE YOUR GLASS


Hmmm.  It seems as though P!nk has hit a bit of a roadblock in terms of inspiration as she seems to be struggling to strike that fine balance between maturity in her songwriting, yet still being that fun girl we've all grown to love.  I didn't love her last effort Funhouse really.  In fact I found it a tad on the boring side to be honest, but I did adore her  smash first single So What?  I mean if I wanted to listen to a Melissa Etheridge or Indigo Girls album, I'd do exactly that.  I love P!nk for the fun, fearless individual she is and some of her recent material just seemed out of character for me.

Here on this new track produced by longtime collaborator Max Martin and Shellbackfrom her upcoming release Greatest Hits.... So Far!, we see P!nk toasting all us "dirty little freaks" who have celebrated her illustrious career all the way.  And let's not lose sight of what a fantastic decade of music P!nk has brought us as one of the most important female artists of the 2000s.  I for one will be getting a copy of her compilation.  

Give Raise Your Glass a listen (courtesy of Sony Music):

No comments:

Post a Comment