Sunday, December 6, 2009

KE$HA: WHAT'$ THE DEAL?


Okay, so apparently newcomer Ke$ha's debut single Tik Tok is shaping up to be massive hit, with it currently sitting at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart. It's not every day that an artist goes that far at first crack. I'm not about the hate, but I just don't see what the big deal is here. The singing isn't all that astounding. The hook isn't all that memorable. The production is pretty neat, but not spectacular... enough. Did I miss the memo or something? What do you like about the song? And who actually really brushes their teeth with Jack Daniels? That's so frickin' narsty. Eww.

4 comments:

  1. I think 'Tik Tok' is absolutely infectious. Although it didn't get to you, I think it's a fab pop song. Dancy, catchy and everything about it is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I think it's the vibe, the energy and don't underestimate the lyric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everything about that chorus is catchy. The verses are a bit...overdramatic. I feel like she's a strung out purposefully drunk Gaga...or something. She is kind of in danger territory of being a one-hit-wonder though...That song has been out forever or so it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting thoughts, guys. I don't know. Perhaps it will grow on me. I would like to hear more though because apparently Dr. Luke and Max Martin are crazy about her!

    ReplyDelete