Monday, October 19, 2009

NEW MUSIC: LADY GAGA - BAD ROMANCE

Thus far I've previewed two new tracks off Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster re-release due November 23, 2009. Despite my irritations with her on-going cry for attention, I cannot deny that the tracks are outright irresistible. Next single Bad Romance is set to be released to radio this week and I cannot describe it any better than esteemed blogger XOLondon did in saying that it is like "Bon Jovi in Ibiza". It really is.

The melody here sounds Bon Jovi circa You Give Love a Bad Name. The type that universally can inspire a stripper to do his/her best work or cause mass havoc in a banquet hall wedding reception after the dessert platter has been brought out. The little speaking bits are Madonna circa Erotica/Bedtime Stories. The arrangement and production would pretty much get a dance floor going anywhere you go in the world and one cannot help but draw parallels to her number one hit Poker Face with its Boney M. referencing "ro ma ro ma ma ma... oh la las". Another track I previewed, Alejandro, will be touched upon later when I receive a full preview copy of The Fame Monster, but I will sum up the track in three words: ACE OF BASE.

Give Bad Romance by Lady Gaga a listen below, courtesy of Universal Music/Interscope:

No comments:

Post a Comment