Thursday, May 24, 2012

MARION ROSS IN TORONTO FOR "LOST IN YONKERS"


Marion Ross & Mr. Will-W.
Such an incredible honour for our City to be hosting the incredible talents of Marion Ross.  Many of us grew-up watching her as Mrs. Cunningham on Happy Days and now at 83 years of age, the Actress still is vivacious and active, currently starring in a Stage Production of Lost in Yonkers.  In an exclusive Engagement at Jane Mallett Theatre at the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts, the Play is about two young Boys who one Summer are sent to live with their stern Grandmother and childlike Aunt. 

After completing a Matinee Show, I caught-up with Ross who walked to the Venue by-foot for her Evening Show, generously spending time to chat with me. "Oh, I'm in no hurry!", she tells me.  After a string of Shows were cancelled this past weekend, Ross reveals to me that her Co-Star's Spouse was killed over the weekend in a tragic Accident in New York.  This however, will not result in an extension of the Play's Toronto Run.

After personalizing a couple Items for me, she tells me it was her hope that Happy Days Co-Star Henry Winkler would make an Appearance with her, although that could not be.

Before heading into the Venue, we exchanged hugs and I even got a kiss on the cheek.  The redhead Actress gave me one bit of parting advice, "You be a good Boy now, you hear?".  Aww!  Touched.

Lost in Yonkers runs till June 10, 2012 at the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts Click here for Tickets.


(Photo credit: Mr. Will-W.)