Wednesday, April 20, 2011

STEVE CARELL INTERVIEWS RYAN GOSLING FOR "INTERVIEW" MAGAZINE


Ryan Gosling - May 2011 Issue of Interview
Perfect timing. Just as he’s in-town right now relaxing, this charming Interview with Ryan Gosling by Funnyman Steve Carell surfaces. The two Actors who will be appearing in eagerly-awaited Comedy Stupid, Crazy, Love this July, appear on the May issue of Interview Magazine.  Here we learn about everything from Gosling’s experience on The Mickey Mouse Club with Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears to the creative process behind his acclaimed work in Blue Valentine.

Gosling tells Carell, “I loved growing up in Canada. It’s a great place to grow up, because—well, at least where I grew up—it’s very multicultural. There’s also good health care and a good education system. So it’s a great place to be from, although, when I was 8, I was walking to school one day and I saw a frozen cat by the side of the road, and I picked it up and hit it against a tree.”.  Uh-oh.  PETA won’t like this.

On how he feels about watching his own Films, Gosling says, “ I hate it… there’s no way that a Film can capture in two hours the experience of making it, so it’s always disappointing in some way. The thing that’s so exciting when you’re making a film is that it can be anything and there are no limitations on it. So I do have to remind myself that most people watching the film weren't involved in making it, so they don’t really know what’s missing.”.

Gosling occasionally still gets confused by Fans for Ryan Reynolds. He explains “It’s because we’re both Canadian. I can’t tell you how many times people go, ‘Are you Ryan?’ And I go, ‘Yeah.’ And they say, ‘Can I get a picture?’ Then they take the picture and realize, in that moment, that I’m not Ryan Reynolds. I can see the disappointment in their faces.”. He obviously over-analyzes and under-estimates his own Celebrity. Who in their right mind would be disappointed at getting a Photo with Ryan Gosling?  Ugh!  Dying of ignorance here.

Read the Interview in full here


(Photo credit: Mikael Jansson/Interview Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment