Tuesday, April 19, 2011

NEW MUSIC: BEYONCÉ - RUN THE WORLD (GIRLS)


Beyoncé in Toronto - July 2009
Although I'm not quite sure to make of this new Beyoncé Track, Girls (Who Run the World), a lot of her up-tempo numbers have been Growers for me in the past. At first I despised Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) but low and behold, I wound-up loving it after the Overkill.

This first bit of new material from her as-yet untitled fourth Disc, due in June, is produced by Switch.  She veers further away from Melody and more towards Ethnic Rhythms again here as she has in recent years. The manipulated loop of her voice I admit is a bit jarring - yet at the same time difficult to purge from my mind.  What do you think of it?

Stream the Track in full below:
Run The World (Girls) by Beyoncé


To see Photos from the Video Shoot for Run the World (Girls), click here.


(Photo credit: Mr. Will-W. | Audio content: Sony Music)

No comments:

Post a Comment