Tuesday, January 18, 2011

SUZANNE SOMERS IN TORONTO PROMOTING "SEXY FOREVER"


Suzanne Somers & Mr. Will-W.
Now this I'm actually really excited about. I've loved Three's Company since I was a Toddler and after Chrissy Snow (Suzanne Somers) left the series, things just never were the same. To this day I wonder what would've been if Somers remained on what would be my favourite Sitcom of all time.  Needless to say, Somers has survived this cruel industry. Actress, Spokesperson, Health Guru, Model, Author. She's everything. 

Somers just arrived in Toronto to promote her new Book Sexy Forever: How to Fight Fat after Forty.  Pretty self explanatory.  And if anyone's to talk about the subject, it's definitely her.  Would you believe that she's 65 years-old?  Yeah, way.

The blond Bombshell's busy itinerary includes appearances on CFRB 1010 (today), CTV's Canada AM (today), CBC's Q Radio with Jian Ghomeshi (today), a taping of CBC's Chris & Steve Show (today), an appearance on CBC's George Stroumboulopoulous Tonight (to be aired at a later date) and  CTV's The Marilyn Denis Show (tomorrow). And it appears she may have raised on eyebrow or two with her appearance on Q Radio today, polarizing the Audience with her views on Health. Ghomeshi Tweeted, "Inbox is flooded with reaction to Suzanne Somers appearance with me on Q this morn. A variety of opinion.

Catching her on the way out of the CBC Building, Somers posed for Photos with a substantial number of Fans (including some CBC staff), signing Autographs generously.  And it was a childhood dream come true for me!  Somers of course was extremely friendly to me, commenting "look at that green light!" as my Camera's flash was about to take our Photo.  "We look like Aliens, don't we?" I whispered back to her, as the green light shone on our faces, to which she agreed with a nod.  "You're going to put this on YouTube, aren't you?".  I assured her I wouldn't.  She also signed an Autograph for me exclaiming, "Ooh, I love this Photo!... it's a recent one too!".

Even though She's the Sheriff only lasted two seasons, I have fond memories of watching it in my Youth and I was there rooting for her when she made a successful comeback on Step by Step, which went on to last a successful seven seasons.  If I should look anywhere near as youthful and fulfilled as Somers at her age, I could die happy.  Love.

Check out some Photos I got of Somers below:

Check out Somers' Blog here.


(Photo credit: Mr. Will-W.)

No comments:

Post a Comment