Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WHAT'S WRONG WITH BRITNEY (BRITTANY)?


Heather Morris and Britney Spears on Glee
Okay - being brutally honest here.  Just when I thought things were looking on the up-and-up with Season Two of Glee, the much-hyped Britney/Brittany episode airs tonight and we're right back to square one again with what went wrong on the second half of Season One. That is, the episodes were revolving too much around Songs and Artists, instead of focusing on the characters and their running story lines.

I loved Heather Morris' dancing on Brittany (Morris) & Santana's (Naya Rivera) rendition of Britney & Madonna's Me Against the Music.  Like me, if you've hardly noticed Morris before, then take note because a star is born this season.  Lea Michele's rendition of ....Baby One More Time both one part mocked and one part paid homage to Spears' legendary debut single, but perhaps the episode's best Spears cover was that of wheelchair-bound Artie's (Kevin McHaleStronger.  Even Spears herself had nothing but praise, Tweeting "I love this version of Stronger. Artie did a great job."

With nothing but more Celebrity Cameos lined-up this season, let's keep our fingers crossed that Ryan Murphy doesn't lose sight of why we loved the show to begin with: the laughs and the stories.  I could care less about marquee Guest Stars.  Okay, I lie.  I do care about the big names, but I want more story.

No comments:

Post a Comment