Wednesday, July 14, 2010

SETH ROGEN ON THE TORONTO SET OF TAKE THIS WALTZ


Vancouver-born Seth Rogen has done extremely well in terms of making himself a bankable Hollywood Star.  He by no means fits the typical physical prototype of a Leading Man, but when you watch him on-screen, his ability to engage an audience makes you forget everything else.  He's funny and likable. The kind of Nerd that the Hot Girl in High School had a soft spot for.

Currently in Toronto filming Sarah Polley's Take This Waltz, a slimmed-down Rogen will be playing the Happy-Go-Lucky husband of Michelle Williams in the movie - oblivious to the fact that she develops feelings for a Rickshaw Driver played by Canadian actor Luke Kirby.

While breaking for Lunch, I had a chance to say "hi" and tell him how huge a fan I am of his and I asked him to clarify what the tone of this film was as I couldn't decipher if it was funny or serious.  He stated that it leaned a bit more towards the serious.  When complimenting him on how great he looked in keeping his weight off, he giggled and said "Thanks".  Later in the day, he came over to visit me with his Assistant much to my surprise.  "Are you seriously coming over here to talk to me?" I asked, to which he replied, "Of course!  I promised I would!", then signing a few autographs for fans. Unfortunately the trip was quick and he had run out of time when it came to taking our photo together.  Perhaps another time...  I'm certain it'll happen.  Rogen is every bit as wonderful as I'd imagined him to be and I look forward to seeing him branch away from Comedy in this project.

Want more of that Sethaliciousness?  Look below:

(Photo credit: Mr. Will-W.)

No comments:

Post a Comment