Tuesday, June 29, 2010

FAN MAIL


Dear Mavenati,

Occasionally I drop a heart-felt note of gratitude to you and I want to take a moment out to express my appreciation for all the kind words that you send my way whether it be in an e-mail, a comment or while I'm out grabbing a Coffee. Over the past month, I have watched my Daily Numbers sky-rocket and I thank you for continuing to support Mr. Will-W.: Pop Maven. Since early 2010, my readership has more than quadrupled. My YouTube Channel has also remained in the Top 50 30 Most Viewed Canadian channels for the past month. And I owe it all to you. Although I am far from being a Multimedia Empire, I celebrate all successes, small or large.

I don't Blog for Readership or Fame. I do what I do out of passion. I have always had a fascination with Celebrity since childhood and as an adult, Blogging has given me an outlet to express and live this.  I was so touched by one of my Reader's messages. Jasy is in High School and reads my blog religiously. She writes:

"Hey there Will!

I don't want to sound like a huge suck-up or anything, but I love you and I honestly think you have the best job in the world, it's really amazing.... And are you nervous meeting all of these big celebrities?

- Jasy ♥(:"

Well Jasy, it is v. sweet of you to say that, but like most other people, I have a regular 8 to 4 job that pays my bills - and there are many, many bills - trust me. I love to shop and love to eat well. I'm just not a generic kind of Boy. I like nice things! Blogging is an interest that I foresee one day leading to a full-time career, but I am building my brand step by step. Nothing happens overnight.

When I gather stories and content for my Blog, it doesn't feel like work because I love doing it. And that's when you know you've found your true passion in life. When you sit around for hours in hopes of that one defining moment which makes all the work worthwhile.  Jasy, meeting Celebrities is exhilarating. You will run into some who are thrilled to see you and some who don't want to be bothered by you. I always remember to do things ethically and know my boundaries. Stars are normal people like all of us. If you feed them positive vibes, they generally will feed you back the same.  None of it is ever accidental.  A lot of planning, thought, network-building and luck are involved.

Meeting Stars is only a part of my Blog though.  Much of my Blog is about sharing things I love with my Readers and if we can bond together in that regard, I feel like I've accomplished something powerful.  I want my Readers ahead of the curve and to be unashamed of loving great things.

Jasy, don't ever let anyone decide for you what it is that you love. You figure that out yourself one day and do it all on your own terms. It is important to love what you do. Thank you for all your support - it means so much to me! xo.

Let's be real here. Occasionally I get unpleasant messages too - usually from people who remain "Anonymous". "Eww. You're so creepy" I am told, or "Stalker" I am called. I've always taken pride in what I do and I credit my parents and teachers for raising me with a good sense of judgment. At the end of the day, I can say I am proud of my work as it is a gift to bring happiness to others. If that makes me a Creepy Stalker, then so be it.  I will embrace the label proudly.  And of course I always give back. I love my readers and hope they'll stick around as the MrWillW.Com brand continues to grow.  It will be worthwhile.  Wait til you see what's coming later in the year.

Again, I thank you all of you my readers for your loyalty. Please continue to be honest and vocal as this is the only way Mr. Will-W.: Pop Maven will continue to grow.  You are wonderful and I do this all for you.


xW

No comments:

Post a Comment