Thursday, November 12, 2009

NEW MUSIC: LADY GAGA FT. BEYONCÉ - TELEPHONE

Jesus, God Almighty. I did hear Lady Gaga and Beyoncé were collaborating together but I wasn't expecting the results to be anywhere near this good. Telephone is produced by famed R&B producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins and it is his best work in quite some time especially after a disappointing string of singles with The Pussycat Dolls. The track was just confirmed today as the next single off Lady Gaga's forthcoming release, Monster.

Beyoncé and Lady Gaga also collaborated on a remix of the former's new single Video Phone, although the results were mixed due to that track lacking any real substance or a melody. They both also recently filmed a video for that remix, which will be appearing on the completely unnecessary release of Beyoncé's I Am...Sasha Fierce (Deluxe Edition).

I'll admit it is pleasant hearing Beyoncé pull back a little here compared to her Destiny's Child days all in the spirit of collaboration. I cannot help but love that Boney M. Euro-sensibility Lady Gaga so proudly pays homage to, as heard on her massive hits Poker Face and Bad Romance. This will be huge. As I was telling Robbie of Chart Rigger, Lady Gaga has made me fall in love so seamlessly of late. It's as if she slipped me a Roofie in my Latte .... and I want more!!!

Hear it below in full (courtesy of Interscope Records/Universal Music):

1 comment: