Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WILL & MERYL

WARNING: Ultra High Resolution Photos to follow. LOL

Tickets were sold out weeks ago for Meryl Streep's Q&A on Celebrity at Royal Ontario Museum. Being the opportunist I am, I still went ahead and tried getting a last minute ticket to the event tonight. I befriended this lovely couple, Laura and Chris, who drove 90 minutes to see her and us three die-hards waited at the front door in the off-chance tickets would become available. Chances looked slimmer and slimmer as we saw the audience begin to fill their seats in the foyer.

The event finally started at 7 PM and this Italian couple had to leave for emergency reasons and offered to sell me a ticket - at half price. The goodness in my heart couldn't bear to see them separated, so I let Chris and Laura have the tickets despite Chris insisting that I have the ticket. So there you have it, my one chance to get up close and personal with Meryl Streep at this ultra intimate affair. Dashed.

Thankfully for the zoom lens on my camera, I was able to take some positively outstanding, crystal clear shots of Meryl from 100 metres away. I kid. She looked good at least!



Oh well, one day. Hoping for good karma....

No comments:

Post a Comment