Tuesday, September 15, 2009

TIFF DAY 6

No reviews to report today as the selections didn't tickle my palette. Fear not though as there were lots of stars to see still!

I must say that Nicolas Cage is amazing. Although I'm not a huge fan of his work he took a good 10 minutes of his time signing autographs and posing for photos with everyone who asked nicely. He is at the festival promoting director Werner Herzog's Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans. The same applies to Colin Farrell who is here to promote director Neil Jordan's (End of the Affair) Ondine - I even got a photo with his handsome self too! Robin Wright Penn, fresh off a divorce from Sean Penn was amazing also and happily posed for a photo for me. Wright Penn is here with Keanu Reeves promoting The Private Lives of Pippa Lee which is garnering some rave reviews at TIFF. I will be seeing that on Thursday.

A big thumbs down goes to Canada's very own Ellen Page. She ignored all fans today completely, although rumour is that she's not feeling well. Trust me, if George Clooney can do a round of autographs with a cast on his hand, then Page has no excuse! Things got extremely chaotic outside the Press Conference for Drew Barrymore's film Whip It and despite my being right in front of her literally, I couldn't manage to get many decent shots with all the crowding around me. She was nice enough to scribble her autograph on my copy of He's Just Not That Into You which she produced. She then proceeded to take my dried up Sharpie and did a round of signatures, eliciting a bunch of "boos" from those hoping to get autographs for resale. I want my marker back, Drew!

I had much better luck with handsome fashion icon Tom Ford today and got to chat with him quickly. He graciously signed what he called his favourite ad for me. Colin Firth as usual, was extremely amazing happily posing with many female fans. Firth just won a Best Lead Actor award at the prestigious Venice Film Festival for his performance in Dorian Gray.

For now, you can feast on these:


I received an insider's tip on the whereabouts of U2 later this evening and was able to snap these shots of The Edge and Bono leaving Masonic Temple (MTV Headquarters). This was a special guest appearance on Elvis Costello's Spectacle show. I must say, Bono is much more handsome in person than on television. And yes, I was one of the lucky few who scored Bono's autograph! Yes.



Check back tomorrow for some photos of Natalie Portman and Michael Cera.

xW

2 comments:

  1. Going to see Whip It on Friday...did you happen to see it yet?

    Oh Tom Ford! Love the TIFF coverage, Will. Thanks for all the photos!

    I had to do a stand up in front of the Ryerson theatre for the stands up I wrote for class...quite embarassing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I loved Whip It! A must-see. Wildly fun!

    Thanks so much AYL! :')

    ReplyDelete