Tuesday, February 14, 2012

ADELE COVERS MARCH 2012 ISSUE OF "VOGUE"


Adele - March 2012 Issue of Vogue
Adele covers the March 2012 issue of Vogue and opens up to Jonathan Van Meter about an array of personal matters. Photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, the eight-time GRAMMY Winner is raising some concerns that the Photos might appear too enhanced and that not enough of her personality can be seen.  Perhaps some have forgotten that this is a Fashion Magazine?  

The Singer reveals that formerly a big Drinker, she now has quit Alcohol. "Don’t like drinking anymore. I think I got it out of my system. D’yaknowhaImean?", she says. We learn that upon learning that she had to undergo Surgery, she did a lot of crying, but then looked to the likes of John Mayer who also underwent a similar procedure around the same time, and felt a lot better, seeing how calmly he handled the situation.

While doing her Photoshoot, we learn that Adele's 37-year-old Boyfriend Simon Konecki (described as "bearish") was there to watch over her.  She tells Van Meter, "He’s proud of me, but he don’t care about what I do or what other people think. He looks after me. I don’t think I would have gotten through the recovery for my surgery if it hadn’t been for him.".  Sounds a lot healthier than her last relationship, which inspired Album of the Year, 21!

Adele also goes on at length about her admiration for Beyoncé and indicated that she sees at least six to seven Movies a week.  Her favourites include The Godfather, Scarface, Dog Day Afternoon, Scent of a Woman. Perhaps we'll see some acting from her in the future?

Click here to read the Interview in full. 


(Photo credit: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott/Vogue)