Sunday, August 21, 2011

THANK YOU, SELMA BLAIR.


Selma Blair & Mr. Will-W.
For those of you who were wondering, my first time ever approaching a Celebrity was Sunday, September 12, 2004 at TIFFJohn Waters had premiered his Comedy A Dirty Shame starring Johnny Knoxville and Selma Blair and I was extremely excited to get a chance to see Blair in-person.  

I cued up at the Red Carpet in front of Elgin Theatre and after having attended TIFF a few years prior already, finally I had mustered enough courage to ask her to take a Photo with me.   I of course, was terribly nervous.  Trembling, I recall. She said "Yes", all smiles in a Ponytail and a Tweed Jacket and there was no turning back after that.

In July, Blair gave birth to an adorable baby Boy in July named Arthur Saint Bleick and although Director Todd Solondz's Dark Horse will be premiering at TIFF in September, it would be amazing if she could make it back again even if it is unlikely.  Dark Horse reunites Solondz with Blair after having received acclaim together with 2001's Storytelling.  This is his first time back at TIFF since 2009's Life During Wartime.

So much has changed in seven years and in 18 days, all the excitement shall begin again!  Thank you, Selma Blair for saying "yes" because you gave me the courage to do what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment