Tuesday, January 4, 2011

JUSTIN BIEBER IN FEBRUARY ISSUE OF "VANITY FAIR"


Justin Bieber in Vanity Fair
Justin Bieber surprises on the cover of February's Vanity Fair Magazine. Lisa Robinson chats with the teen Superstar and those around him like mentor Usher, his Mother Pattie Mallette and Bodyguard Kenny Hamilton, giving us a picture of how the 16 year-old Singer is coping with Fame. Art Streiber takes some eyebrow-raising Portraits of Bieber also including the one to the left, with a set of presumably young female hands grabbing at him.  Another sees him with chest-exposed through an unbuttoned shirt.

When asked about the hoards of female fans who constantly are screaming for him, Bieber says "Not trying to be arrogant, but if I walked down the street and a girl saw me, she might take a look back because maybe I’m good-looking, right?”. Somewhat true, but perhaps miscontrued easily as arrogance still?

The Stratford native also fawns over Michael Jackson praising him as one of his greatest influences (he even has a sticker of Jackson on his mirror), but generally looks up to "people who were black artists—that’s what I like. But I like their voices and I like how they entertain—it’s not about what color they are.”   Again, a bit of youthful incorrectness, which could again be misunderstood?

Hamilton reveals that on his days off, Bieber tries to focus on being a regular Teenager and being his Bodyguard, he often has to oversee "covert operations" eluding to dates with Girls. I only hope rumoured 18 year-old girlfriend Selena Gomez whom he was seen cavorting with on a Boat over the Holidays, doesn't take it personal.

The issue hits newsstands everywhere January 11, 2011
Read a preview of the piece here.


(Photo credit: Art Streiber/Vanity Fair)

2 comments:

  1. I think the comment about black artists shows just how young this kid is. He was thrust into a world he wasn't expecting. Saying that I can agree with what he said, but perhaps just would not have chosen those words. I don't think he should be given too much flak for that, I am sure he meant in the best possible way.

    Secondly, the comment about his looks. Arrogant? No.
    Confident, yes? I'm in my mid(late) 20's and can honestly say that even if I were a few years younger, and he were a normal teen on Yonge Street, I would give him a second look. He is quite the good looking young guy. I can only imagine what happens when he turns 18...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly a Fan you are:)

    For anyone to compliment themselves on how they look in an Interview is by all standards a bit arrogant. He could've done without that statement.

    ReplyDelete