Friday, October 1, 2010

NEW MUSIC: MARIAH CAREY - OH SANTA!


Nobody does festive Holiday Cheer like Mariah and if this is just a taste of what's to come off her new album Merry Christmas II You out in exactly one month, I'm pretty certain she's got herself another classic under her barely-there belt of a skirt. 

Oh Santa! is a fitting follow-up to her untopable All I Want For Christmas is You, delivering every ounce of energy as its predecessor.  And even though it's only early October, this fun little The Supremes-esque ditty has me wanting to order a White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha Latte and a Cranberry Bliss Bar at Starbucks already.

And above this, Mariah sounds wonderful on this track.  None of that whispery, raspyness which has marred some of her recent work.  I knew it would only be a matter of time before I'd be excited for her allover again.  *multi-octave squeal*

Listen to Oh Santa! from Mariah Carey (courtesy of Universal Music):

No comments:

Post a Comment