Thursday, August 26, 2010

SARA BAREILLES AND WHOLE FOODS UNITE TO PROMOTE NEW SINGLE "HOLD MY HEART" - LISTEN HERE


Mr. Will-W. & Sara Bareilles (2007)
"I am so happy to say that one of my favorite places on earth, Whole Foods, is going to feature a new song from my record on their blog….this is double rad, because not only am I happy to share more new music, but I kind of am obsessed with Whole Foods anyway." - Sara Bareilles

Two of my favourite things: Whole Foods and Sara Bareilles' music are coming together at last in a union of perfection. Bareilles is partnering with the Grocer to preview her new single Hold My Heart on their official Blog exclusively.  The initiative actually kinda works considering that her music fits the demographic of trendy, socially-conscious, twenty-to-forty somethings who shop at the store already. And if you shop at Whole Foods, you'll notice that they've been carrying CDs at their Cash Registers for the past while, so perhaps they will be able to cash-in on those impulse purchases from people as they're out splurging anyway.

And the new single is actually highly listenable with Bareilles doing what she does best - crooning soulfully about Heartbreak. Much stronger than first single King of Anything, in my honest opinion and I expect it to be the bigger track off her sophomore album Kaleidoscope Heart.  The album's release is creeping up quickly on September 7, 2010 via Epic/Sony Music.

Listen to Hold My Heart here in full.

No comments:

Post a Comment