Tuesday, August 17, 2010

GREG KINNEAR ON THE SET OF THE KENNEDYS IN TORONTO


Hallelujah!  The History Channel mini-series The Kennedys, based of course on one of America's favourite families, has been filming in and around Greater Toronto for the past two months and it has finally set-up shop in Toronto.  Believe me, I've been waiting for this moment for a long time.

The series, directed by Canadian Jon Cassar, who most notably brought us Kiefer Sutherland's career-resurrecting 24, can be expected to surface some time next year; it only recently reached the half-way point in production.  

Most of the buzz surrounding the series has centered around the woman playing Jackie Onassis - Katie Holmes, who has sparked some fierce competition among Paparazzi to get that elusive photo of her and daughter Suri together, on and off set.  And if they're lucky, throw in a photo with or of husband Tom Cruise too, as he's been seen in an around town between breaks in his schedule.

For me today's filming location was very close to home, just minutes from where I normally walk my dog Billy, and I clued into this after reading Cassar's Tweet this morning: "We are on location today just a 10 minute walk from where I'm living.  That never happens."  I can assume too that Cassar is living very close to me also right now also perhaps?

To answer the question you all want to know the answer to - no I did not have a chance to see Katie Holmes on-set as she was tipped-off about Paparazzi (a whopping total of two) waiting on her arrival, thus she was dropped off at a less visible entrance to the house where they were filming.  I did however, see a very dapper Oscar nominee Greg Kinnear looking....  Kennedelicous.  I was actually quite shocked to see how much he's been made to resemble John F. Kennedy, as he headed home for the day in his SUV.  

Upon touring the neighbourhood further, I saw residents in the area camped out on their Porches with the look of excitement on their faces.  One lady flagged me over telling me, "Katie Holmes is in there!!!  She just got in five minutes ago!!!".

Undergoing the Litmus Test of Celebrity Friendliness, I approached one of the Coordinators in the Crew, asking him if it was possible to leave a photo for Holmes to sign.  He replied with a very sorry, "Nice try - but we've been given very strict instructions that she not sign anything.  I'm really sorry.  They're running a tight ship here."  I inquired about Kinnear also and was told, "He's actually gone for the day already.  He just left.  I'm really sorry."  So there you have it, in case you had any hopes of splitting a Red Velvet Cupcake with Holmes during her stay in the city. 

In the meantime, enjoy some more of that Kennedeliciousness below:

(Photo credit: Mr. Will-W.)

No comments:

Post a Comment