I believe in supporting locally-grown produce and ethically-raised meat products whenever possible. And so should you.
1 Lb. Ethically-Raised Chicken Breast, diced into 1 inch cubes
1 Bunch of Organic Rapini, chopped
2 Organic Garlic Cloves, minced
4 Omega-3 Eggs, beaten
2 Tbs. Whole Milk
8 slices of Organic White Bread
4 1/4 inch thick slices of Cheese (Cheddar/Red Leicester/Emmenthal)
3 Tbs. Organic Olive Oil
3 Tbs. Organic Butter
Salt & Pepper
1/2 Tbs. Herbs au Provence
1/4 Tbs. Truffle Oil
1. Heat skillet with 1 Tbs. Olive Oil and Garlic Cloves.
2. Sautee the Chicken Breast in the Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Herbs au Provence and Truffle Oil until just-cooked. Remove from pan.
3. Add 2 Tbs. Olive Oil to skillet and fry Rapini in medium heat with lid on, until just-cooked. Season with salt to taste.
4. Toss in Chicken Breast cubes and cover with lid for 2 minutes on medium-low heat. Transfer mixture to a dish.
5. Heat 1 Tbs. of Butter in a skillet on medium heat.
6. Beat Milk and Eggs together in a large bowl.
7. Dip bread slices in Egg batter and then fry until golden in Buttered skillet.
8. Flip Bread Slices only once and place cheese on one slice of bread only.
9. Reduce heat to medium-low and spoon 3 to 4 Tbs. of the Chicken/Rapini mixture onto slice of Bread with cheese.
10. Assemble second slice of fried Bread to make a sandwich and gently flip it over. Press sandwich gently with metal spatula, heating sandwich for an additional minute.
11. Transfer to a plate and slice in half. Repeat steps 5 through 11. This recipe is good for 4 sandwiches.
For a play-by-play, look below:
Enjoy. I know you will.