Thursday, March 18, 2010

KE$HA ON AMERICAN IDOL: DID SHE SUCK?


She doesn't suck. Honestly. Ke$ha performed on Fox's American Idol right before this week's eliminations were announced and although feedback has been mixed on her delivery of Blah Blah Blah (featuring 3OH!3), I thought it was decent enough. She's a pop star, not a vocalist and I think she is fully aware of what she is getting into and does it with a knowing wink.  And though it's not looking like she'll repeat the massive success of smash hit TiK ToK with Blah Blah Blah, having peaked at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100, she's got a few more bullets in the rifle on debut album Animal.

The objective of any pop act is to entertain and to engage the public. True, even though her singing isn't amazing, and the material she writes is shallow, I could not keep my eyes off the screen for the duration of her entire performance. And often people forget that she is a songwriter, not just a performer too. The world hasn't yet seen what Ke$ha is capable of and I have a feeling that after she has her fun with all of this, there is a real artist under the glitter and Native American headdress.

In all honesty, complaining about Ke$ha's lack of talent is like walking into a Burger King and complaining about a lack of Filet Mignon. I'm onto you Ke$ha, you sneaky devil....

To view some of the previous Ke$ha coverage I have done, including some exclusive photos I got of her, click here.

1 comment:

  1. I love Ke$ha because she's so trashy. It's what makes her special!

    ReplyDelete