Tuesday, November 24, 2009

MARIAH WINS BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE AWARD

A big congratulations goes to my idol Mariah Carey for winning the Best Breakthrough Performance Award at the 21st Palm Springs International Film Festival. According to The Hollywood Reporter, she will be flying there January 5, 2010 to receive her award, silencing her biggest critics and anyone who doubted she can indeed act. Although, I have posted about it many times, Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire is one of the most important films to come out in quite some time. It is a story about surviving even when the odds are stacked against you completely. Small victories count just as much as big victories do.

And for the record, I will admit that I have seen Glitter a whopping 13 times ....and I loved it. Perhaps the underperformance of her latest album Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel (selling 315,000 over the past two months) was just meant to be so that Carey can truly enjoy this moment and further develop her still-burgeoning acting talent. Above is a photo I got of Carey giving director Lee Daniels a hug at the gala for Precious this past September at TIFF.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see this so badly you don't even know, but a part of me wants to read the book first? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel! Loved the movie. It's very heavy so be warned. The book is a quick read from what I hear. Most people I know who read it and watched it, prefer the book.

    ReplyDelete