Friday, October 30, 2009

NEW MUSIC: ADAM LAMBERT - FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT

American Idol season eight runner-up Adam Lambert premiered his debut single For Your Entertainment this morning on The Ryan Seacrest Show. The single is produced by the amazing Dr. Luke who brought us recent hits like Katy Perry's smash double of I Kissed a Girl and Hot N Cold, Kelly Clarkson's Since U Been Gone, Britney Spears' Circus and P!nk's Who Knew.

For Your Entertainment picks up where Sam Sparro left off on his single Black & Gold with that signature Goldfrapp shuffle beat. Sparro has found much recent success with his track finding a second life in appearing on trailers and soundtracks. My initial thoughts are that something is missing here, perhaps melodically. The production undeniably is very polished though. Lambert's vocals of course, are stunning and that mixed voice he has mastered in those effortless high notes has me in complete awe. I'm just not sold that Lambert is at his best here doing what his voice was made for and honestly I don't foresee this single replicating the success Dr. Luke had with some of his other collaborators. Keeping a tab on the next single. I much prefer season eight alumni Allison Iraheta's Friday I'll Be Over U, previewed a couple weeks ago here.

Listen to Lambert's single in full below courtesy of Sony/BMG Records:

No comments:

Post a Comment