Monday, October 5, 2009

NEW MUSIC: ALLISON IRAHETA DEBUT SINGLE

For me, season eight of American Idol wasn't about eventual winner Kris Allen, nor was it about Adam Lambert - both talented singers, no doubt. My personal favourite was 17 year-old Californian Allison Iraheta. I knew she didn't have a chance in hell in winning with the publicity machine working against her favour, but any A&R rep doing their job could tell easily that Iraheta possessed a world of potential. Vocally, she is of the same caliber as P!nk and season one winner Kelly Clarkson, but we all know that singing is only a part of the big picture as an entertainer. Jive Records, which signed Iraheta, is pulling out all the stops in making this a successful career launch. Debut single Friday I'll Be Over U is an '80s inspired glam electro-rock production by Swedish pop god Max Martin and it will be on iTunes October 20, 2009. A very strong indication of good things to come. The still-untitled debut album hits stores December 1, 2009. With Clarkson reportedly feuding with her label over creative differences once again, the timing couldn't have worked out any better in Iraheta's favour to fill that void.

Preview the single in full below (courtesy of Sony/BMG):

*Special thanks to my sister bloggers Jennifer and Brad (well no, not that Jennifer and Brad... Angelina would not be impressed if it were) for their technical guidance in getting this media player set-up!

4 comments:

  1. I see where you're going with this, but I don't think this is something that Kelly would record, or at least not with this production and vocal manipulation. The big question is why would they mess with Alison's voice? She's very competent, and just doesn't need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly recorded "I Do Not Hook Up" and "My Life Would Suck Without You".. nothing would surprise me with her!

    Don't get me wrong, I love Kelly. I just wish she exercised more restraint in biting the hand that feeds. I love this track! I don't think the processing is too bad on her voice. The recordings from Glee are the worst for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why but I'm quite liking the song. She suddenly reminds me the fusion of Kelly Clarkson and Demi Lovato.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ken. It's a great song - it's no mystery why you'd like it, I think:')

    ReplyDelete