Monday, November 21, 2011

PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON'S TORONTO INDIGO AUTOGRAPH SIGNING: "BACK TO WORK"


President Bill Clinton in Toronto - November 2011
With a three-Suburban Barricade, a fresh-faced President Bill Clinton came armed and ready to greet his legions of Toronto Fans today at Indigo Manulife Centre. Clinton was here to promote his latest work Back to Work: Why We Need Smart Government for Strong Economy from Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group, offering personal insights into the current Economic Crisis and his strategies to getting America back to fighting form.

Clinton stated to a select number of Press prior to the Autograph Signing, "I don’t really miss it (being President) most days because I love the work I’ve done…So I’m just trying to help now. I want Americans to be optimistic".

Many Fans braved the cold outside Indigo's Bay Street entrance in the wee hours of the morning before 1,000 Wristbands to meet Clinton were distributed at 8:00 AM. Most wanting a chance to meet the former President got their wish, provided they were in-line before the two-hour Event's 3:30 PM start time.

Never before have I witnessed such stringent Security Measures for a Book Signing - no Jackets, Cell Phones, Photos, Memorabilia, Pens and Folding Chairs were permitted.  Clinton's Phalanx of Secret Service however, is understandable and necessary.  

Check out some snaps of Clinton I took outside the Venue below:


See Clinton peruse the selection of Books at Indigo below.  He seemed interested particularly in Heather Reisman's Pick, Boomerang by Michael Lewis.

Coincidentally, I saw Clinton and his Barricade of SUVs fly right by me as I walked along Yonge Street.  They were headed straight to Massey Hall for an appearance at the Ontario Economic SummitEpic.


(Photo/video credit: Mr. Will-W.)