Wednesday, June 9, 2010

KE$HA ACHIEVES SECOND NUMBER ONE SINGLE


Congratulations Ke$ha! She has become only the fifth female artist since 2000 to have at least two number one hits according to Billboard Magazine. Her third single Your Love is My Drug will be number one on tomorrow’s Pop Songs Radio Airplay Chart. Surprisingly though with two number one hits, her debut album Animal has managed to sell only 750k copies to date in the U.S., suffering from what I call the Rihanna Syndrome: strong digital single sales and airplay, but weaker album sales. My how times have changed.

I did get to attend Ke$ha’s album release party in Toronto earlier this year and here’s a live video of Your Love is My Drug I captured. I knew very well at that point that this track would be a smash; audio content owned by Sony Music:

1 comment:

  1. Does anyone care about the Pop Songs Radio Airplay Chart? Just saying.

    ReplyDelete