Friday, January 21, 2011

YOUR 2011 YEAR OF THE RABBIT CHINESE HOROSCOPE


Lantern Cake Pops
With Chinese New Year around the corner, I made use of my Sick Day fully and  more Cake Pops. This time around I decided to model my Cake Pops after White Lanterns with the Chinese character representing "Fortune" inscribed on them. I hope to spread prosperity and positive energy to my Family when I give them these during Celebrations. 

These Lantern Cake Pops have a Gingerbread center, which I feel fits the occasion as Chinese people love their Ginger!  Knowing how erratic my schedule is, I've decided to bake and decorate these ahead of time and  freeze them until the Lunar New Year (February 3, 2011).  They should be just fine with a bit of defrosting at room temperature; all that Candy Coating on them surely will preserve them well!  For the scoop on how to make Cake Pops, visit Bakerella's inspiring Blog here.

For those of you who have lost track, we will be entering the Year of the Rabbit and every year, I refer to this Singaporean Website, Geomancy Hut, as they are usually v. accurate. Click here to obtain your Forecast for the year ahead!  It's quite simple really - just match your Sign with the corresponding year in which you were born. 


(Photo credit: Mr. Will-W.)

2 comments:

  1. I want to get this book ASAP, so I can start making cake pops. So Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! addicted! please post your pics when you make your first batch! x

    ReplyDelete